“As members of the Body of Christ, called by God, we are in the world as living channels of the Holy Spirit, believing and growing, reaching, teaching, and caring for others according to the Scriptures.”
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- That the Bible, both the Old and the New Testaments, was divinely inspired by God; and therefore is our only infallible rule for faith and practice.
- That God is one: eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin Mary, and that He is true God and true man, that He lived a sinless life, that He died for our sins, that He arose bodily from the dead, that He ascended into Heaven and that He will return bodily to the earth; therefore, He is the only sufficient mediator between God and man.
- That the Holy Spirit’s ministry is to reveal Jesus Christ to men in the regeneration and sanctification of their souls.
- That man was created in the image of God, but that through sin he incurred spiritual death; therefore, he is in need of salvation through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That Baptism of the believer with water, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit sets forth the essential facts in the experience of the believer—death to sin and resurrection to newness of life.
- That the Lord’s Supper is a commemoration of the Lord’s death until He comes.
- That there is life after death, consisting of eternal bliss for the saved and eternal judgment for the unsaved.
As children of God, having received Jesus Christ as our personal savior and Lord and having been baptized in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit we gather in the fellowship of this church, and dedicate ourselves to Christ’s service as we unite with one another in this covenant..
We will endeavor to make prayer a part of our daily living, seeking forgiveness for our sins and renewal of our spiritual lives, so that we may be able to live together in brotherly love and help one another to think, speak and act as concerned Christians.
We will be regular in our Church attendance, observe its ordinances and seek opportunities for worship, training and service, in order that we may understand more fully the teachings of the Bible and their application to daily living.
We pledge ourselves to show gratitude to God for His blessings to us by cheerfully and regularly sharing our time, talents, and treasure to support the Church and its ministry.
Believing our bodies are temples of the living God, we will endeavor to avoid experiences and habits that defile the body and hinder our witness.
Believing that our call to membership in the Church also includes a commission to bear the Gospel to the whole world, we dedicate ourselves to the task of living and witnessing for Christ in the world, for the glory of Him who called us into His service.